Monday, May 24, 2010

Sheena May Be A Punk Rocker . . . But So Am I






My recently discovered obsession with the Strokes has led me to admire Julian Casablancas. Not only him, but his jackets. Some of those jackets are the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I've searched for them loads, but came to realize that they're probably custom.

Anyway, there they are.

I'm looking for a white leather motorcyle jacket, hopefully used and messed up, and then I want to recreate that white chess board jacket.


Just like that one ^

I was actually shopping around Soho with my step mom and was in the midst of my chessboard leather jacket obsession and we stumbled into a closing Juno Shoes store.

This place was the SHIT. Dozens of boxes with 'Final Sale' stickers were covering the tiled floor. In the back there were some rickety clothing racks with oddball jackets, dresses, scarves, belts, shirts; what have you: all on 50% discount (75% if you looked stubborn)

It was there that I spotted my dream jacket. It was originally $650; I guess I looked super pitiful because the sales' girl said I could buy it for $200. She went even lower: $150.

Still, it was too much for me. Yes, I just wasted your time with this rant because I didn't even buy the jacket. The point is, if any of you know of any motorcycle jackets, comment or email meee !! I'm determined to make this happen !!

I would love to buy this one:




But I'm not a big fan of the back of it.


If you like it, buy it, because it seems pretty cool.

Here's another one:


Anyway, check out Etsy; it's got great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment